Powered By Blogger

Thursday 13 June 2013

My first personal training session!

Why do people enjoy this??  That 45 minutes was one of the emotional (in a bad way) things I've done in ages!  I was meant to go to sewing group afterwards but my face was such a beetroot-reddy-purple colour I was scared they might call an ambulance (even I thought my face was about to explode when I saw the colour).

My session with the Personal Trainer started really well with a 8 minute fast walk on the treadmill to warm up and I managed to talk coherently throughout it. I thought 'This isn't too bad - and he seems like a nice lad.'  Then it got painful!  the previously lovely PT made me do 200 metres on the rowing machine - FAST followed by Kettle Bell Exercises then he made me do it again ... and again! then he made me do 20 burpees (aren't they the ones they use to break soldiers in the army?).  About half through I couldn't work out if I wanted to throw up or punch him more.  I was so relieved when he took me to the exercise bike - I thought I might get a bit of a rest but .. NO!  (I was however quite impressed with the bike which was a bit like a computer game).

Looking back though he was very supportive and I managed to do EVERYTHING he told me to without passing out.  Maybe I will learn to love it ... at least hopefully I'll love the results.  In the meantime - while I'm waiting for either of those things - does any one know how to stop me from going such a scary colour while I'm working out?

Sweet Dreams
Fairy Princess Mummy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment