Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 May 2013

Any progress?

I am aware that I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks and am now in week three of my journey!

I also completely forgot to post my stats (a bit silly as this is supposed to be about me tracking my progress - or non-progress!)
So here they are
Weight - 73.6kg
BMI - 28
Dress Size - 14

I have not lost any weight and am struggling to get my head in gear so I have gathered a 'toolkit' (Mostly developed from other peoples experiences and knowledge) and I have a plan.
My plan is to get in to my healthy BMI range which means losing about 14kg. 
My tools
  • Weighing scales - to weigh myself every Saturday morning
  • Tape measure - to keep track of my measurements
  • Pedometer - cos I don't walk enough
  • Water bottle - to help me drink my two litres a day
  • Food diary - this is the one I'm using: http://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/support-files/food_mood_journal.pdf
  • A good friend - my lovely (and glam) friend G has agreed to be my buddy.
  • A lovely husband who cooks
  • 2 active kids (with the occasional help from their active cousin)
  • A blog! - extra accountability
I also created an inspiration picture which includes my reasons for wanting to be healthy including:
- being a good role model for the girls
- having more strength and energy
- to fit in to the dress I was wearing when my husband proposed
- to be able to wear my wedding ring again (I had to stop wearing it when I was about 7 months pregnant with baby monkey and have not been able to wear it alongside my engagement ring since)

Tracking systems
I love a sticker so am using a Change4Life poster and tiger cub has her own too
I also have a weight loss graph on my wall and in my diary.

I also realised I needed even more accountability and help to change the way I see some food so have signed up for a 'Fresh Start' programme run by the Kent Community Health Trust.

Hopefully I will see some changes soon!

Sweet dreams
Fairy Princess Mummy
xx


2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Let me know if I can help with anything... or if you generally need some moral support xxx

    ReplyDelete